Thursday, October 18, 2007

bloc party - another weekend in the city (2007)



you know their name, and you probably have an opinion on their latest album, a weekend in the city. i still don't understand why there was so much negative reaction to awitc.. it's flat out a better album than silent alarm. most probably just wanted them to make silent alarm part two. well for those of you that did enjoy awitc, here's a nice treat. a collection of b-sides from the album (12 songs), plus three remixes of the prayer. as an added bonus, i added the bands newest single, flux (which is one of the best songs they've written to date). you might be hesitant to get this since it's just b-sides, but trust me, these songs absolutely hold up on their own. this collection could easily be released as its own album and do quite well. get on it.

official bloc party website.
bloc party on myspace.

download another weekend in the city:


- pandsa;djfk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. AWITC is a wonderful album. The entire feel of the album is incredible. I remember when I first found AnotherWITC. I took most of the tracks and added them to the original album. It only adds to the experience. England is a personal favorite.

I don't understand how someone could not enjoy this album. I love Silent Alarm for all that it is, but I don't think they could have come out with a better second album.